In advance of World Malaria Day on Friday, Shyama Ghosh takes a look at some of the developments that have recently taken place in the Malaria field. For the first time, researche...
Shyama, Incidence Prevalence Database Writer for the epidemiology product, Timely Data Resources, is based in Barcelona, working with John Borgman in the San Francisco office. She enjoys working in the interphase between academics and industry. With a background in immunology, Shyama received her Ph.D. in molecular biology from the Vrije Universiteit Brussels, Belgium. She has experience in vaccine studies and host-parasite interactions in the fields of malaria, schistosomiasis and human papilloma virus infections. Shyama joined Thomson Reuters as managing editor of Drug Data Report Abstracts in March 2010. She has collaborated in the editorial process for Thomson Reuters Life Sciences products (Thomson Reuters Daily News, Drugs of Today, reporting from tropical medicine conferences, Pegasus scoping, Cortellis Clinical Trials Intelligence, IP & Science, and SSR). Prior to joining Thomson Reuters, Shyama worked in the Pathology Unit at the University of Antwerp, Belgium.
Publications, Presentations & Conferences
- Changing Priorities | International Clinical Trials | February 2014
- Developments in Clinical Trials Report PDF | PharmaChem | October 2013
- HPV in Ethiopia PDF | Tropical Medicine and International Health | August 2010
- Malaria RDT in Ethiopia PDF | Acta Tropica | December 2009
- Does the neuropeptide somatostatin have therapeutic potential against schistosomiasis? PDF | Trends in Parasitology | July 2002
ARTICLES BY THIS CONTRIBUTOR
A regulatory supervision of vaccine development is crucial in ensuring the safety and effectiveness of vaccines and their subsequent licensing and use. Involving regulatory agenci...